-->

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A great Saturday

We had a great day today. We started out with Jake's bowling league this morning. He bowled a 100 the first game and an 86 the second game. I think he's really gettin' into this whole bowling thing.

After that, Scot picked up a used freezer from Kris and Jennifer's garage and moved it to our lovely garage. He cleaned it up, moved it and set it all up for me. Thank you, babe! Now, I'm all ready to fill it with Christmas goodies that are taking over our freezer in the house. I am so excited.

Gosh, I sound old.

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at fun places like the Great Escape (Scot's and Jake's most favorite comic book store), Staples and TJ Maxx. (Who doesn't like TJ Maxx? I mean, seriously). They had several books at great prices that the kids had been wanting, so Scot snagged those up while the kids and I wandered around to the back of the store. They had no clue. It felt good to check off the last few things on our Christmas list.

We ate an early dinner at T.G.I. Friday's, which was awesome. I love that place! We had a B1G1 coupon, drank water and we brought Brooklyn's food with us, so we saved some money there. Heck, any little bit helps in this economy!

After dinner, we drove around and looked at all the Christmas lights in our neighborhood. Jake fell asleep on the way home, so he missed a lot of it. (I tried to wake him at least 4 or 5 times. I tell ya, this kid is the hardest person to wake up). Brooklyn LOVED the lights, though! She said "Wow!" or "Whoa!" several times to let us know when she was impressed. It was cute.

We came home and put the kids to bed. Then, Scot and I spent almost an hour measuring, hanging, and remeasuring decorative metal pieces to hang in our kitchen. If it was up to me, I would have just slapped those suckers on the wall with a thumbtack. Okay, maybe a nail or a screw. But, Scot? He is not that way at all. No Sir Ree. He measures the width and heighth of the wall, the width and heighth of the piece to make sure it is hung exactly the same distance apart from everything. Then, he rechecks it. Once. Twice. Maybe even a third time. There were at least 5 post-its with all his measurements. I'm not kidding. It almost made my head hurt.

But, I'll tell you - he did a fabulous job! I couldn't have done this project without him for sure. Thank you so much, honey, for all your hard work. I love it! (And they were only $15 a piece at Old Time Pottery. Score!)

Dec 231

I'm one happy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...