-->

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Encouragement

I have to admit, I've been down in the dumps lately. I feel overwhelmed, frustrated, mad, discouraged and totally helpless right now. For legal reasons, I can't go in-depth to explain why, but those feelings are there. I love my son dearly and I hate to see him upset. I wish I could just fix everything now. But, thankfully, I know He's got a better plan.

I came across this passage of Scripture while reading Jessica Turner's blog yesterday. Her comments really hit home with me in many ways.
Psalm 37:4-7: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes."

God has given us desires and dreams before the beginning of time - a cause. He will make that cause shine. This is so freeing that God has called me to be right where I am.

With the power of the Holy Spirit, I can be the wife and mom that God has called me to be.

Even in the mundane and small things, I need to remember that God is at work.

Sometimes, it seems like no one else can appreciate and see the
little victories but God does. He cares and He is faithful.

I need to continue to put my trust in Him and God will give me the desires of my heart, His perfect desires for me. In His own time.

I need to invite the glorious into the mundane.

Powerful stuff. Hope this gives you some comfort today like it has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...