-->

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weekend in Ohio

On Friday morning, the kids and I flew to Ohio to surprise my step-dad, Brian, for his 50th Birthday celebration on Saturday. This was Jacob's second time on the plane and Brooklyn's first. (Scot couldn't go because he had to work. Boo).

I was a little nervous traveling with the kids by myself, but all went well...except for when I lost my driver's license in the airport. I know, I can't believe it either.

It took me forever to get through security with the kids (getting bags on the conveyor belt, taking Brook out of the stroller, folding up the stroller, taking shoes off...and doing the whole process again. It was tiring to say the least!) I had my boarding passes, driver's license and birth certificates in hand while pushing the stroller and carrying various carry-on bags...all the while trying to direct Jake next to me. I'm sure you can picture it. We got to the Southwest gate to check-in again, when it occurred to me that I lost my license in the concourse. So...back to security we went. They couldn't find it, but someone turned in my license to the information desk downstairs. Thank you, God! After much pleading and begging (by me, of course) - they finally dropped off my license at security and we had 5 minutes left to spare before the plane started boarding. I was just a wee bit frazzled. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson after this incident - never let your license and boarding passes out of your sight!

Other than that, the weekend was great. The kids and I stayed with my grandparents and my mom carted us around everywhere...bless her heart. We visited grandparents and hung out with family and friends. It was a memorable trip.

I'll be posting some pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...