-->

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 10

10 days since Jake's been gone. (Not that I'm counting or anything, right?)

This is the first summer that he'll be gone for almost a month straight and I don't like it. I know it's the right thing to do and he gets to spend time with his dad but...my emotions get the best of me at times. Like when I'm doing Jake's laundry, driving past our favorite ice cream place, finding his Legos on the floor, or seeing an empty booster seat in the back of the van...it all reminds me of him.

It's been hard not having him home for part of the summer. I have this constant feeling that my home, my family, my world is just not right.

There is a hole, a void.

But, God is using this time to bind me closer to Him and give me joy in spite of my sorrow. Plus, Jake will be home sooner than I think - just 18 more days now.

I hope they go quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's very difficult for you now. I asked Brian how he copes with being away from the kids. He says you must focus on everything good happening and not the bad. Everytime you kids are away form you, even the school day. Focus on what good is happening in their lives. Seperation has made our family so very close. You always realize how important someone is when they are not there. I'm sure every minute that goes by Jake is realizing how wonderful you Scott and Brooklyn are. Brian also says to write a postcard and mail it to him. It always make Ben feel extra special and makes Brian feel a bit closer.
    Hang in there !
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...