-->

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No more paci

I took Brooklyn to her 18 month well check-up today. She weighs 22 lbs. 10 oz. and measures 31 inches tall. The doctor said Brooklyn looked great but she was a little concerned about her language development. Most babies at this age say at least 10 words and Brooklyn only says one most of the time - No. How appropriate.

She used to say Mommy and Daddy a few months ago, but I guess she's lost interest. She is very smart, though. She will point to things and babble all day long. She knows her shapes, colors, animals, and body parts. She loves reading books. She uses several baby signs and definitely knows what they mean. If we ask her a question, she will either say no, nod her head up and down for yes, or put her hands in the air for I don't know. We have been working with her to get her to talk...or say anything for that matter, but I guess she's just not ready yet. And I'm okay with that.

But...to help things along, we thought we'd take the paci away tonight (cold turkey!) and see if that will help Brookie talk more. I imagined weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. You know, the works. But so far, she has only woken up twice.

Could it really be this easy? Doubt it. I'm sure we'll have a few rough nights ahead of us.

It's bittersweet for me, though. My baby girl is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...