-->

Monday, May 18, 2009

Visitation weekend

I am tired.

We had a very short and busy weekend since Jacob went to visit his dad in Ohio.

On Friday, Brooklyn and I picked up Jacob from school and we drove to Louisville (the half-way point) to drop off Jacob with Matt for the weekend. I let Brooklyn play in the play area at the mall, then we ate Chick-Fil-A for dinner. We took our good ol' time so we didn't get home until after 11pm.

Then, on Sunday, all of us went to pick up Jacob in Louisville at 1pm. That is always our family day. Thankfully, we got home in time for dinner and the kids could play and relax before bedtime.

Hard to believe we do this one weekend every month!

Mileage-wise, we drive 390 miles to Louisville and back, which means we're driving about 800 miles every month just for the trips. (No wonder I feel like we're filling up all the time - we really are!!!)

The drive is hard on all of us, but I'm praying that one day Jacob will see the love and sacrifices we are making for him. We feel the time with his dad is very important, so we will do what we can to make it work.

Plus, it's the right thing to do.

We are so thankful for God's mercy and His strength to get us through these trips every month. We definitely couldn't do it without Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chauncey,

    Thank you for stopping by the blog and for joining the on-line study. I am so excited to get to know each of you. I have prayed for God to form this group, so I know He hand picked you!!!

    I love the picture of you and Scot.

    Blessings,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...